Good People (NOT FINISHED YET)

I’ve just spent the last two weeks travelling through Mumbai, Kuwait, Rome, Paris, New York, Amsterdam, Chicago and Washington D.C. My takeaway: people are good. 

1) At Kuwait airport, the lift door opened and a South-Asian looking man. I asked ‘Going down?’  He said ‘Yup’ and then he asked me whether I was flying in from Mumbai. “Yup” I replied, and I asked him where he flying in from. He said “Pakistan”. We both then shared that we were going to Rome. I felt slightly nervous to continue the conversation. For a moment, I felt that he had initiated the conversation because he might want something from me. I said my niceties and tried to leave his company, indicating that I was going to a Starbucks (yes, even in Kuwait)   We sparked up a conversation. Met an Pakistani man who works at a Pizza shop in Italy. Been working there for 20 years, and is finally bringing his family over. 

2) Philippine Nun story
It all started when I was waiting for a train from the airport at Rome 

3) Italian Man on the train 
Transport to Via Giovanni, talk to nice man on the train

4) National Stuttering Association party. Met some great people. Man with stutter and a small arm - looking for a change in his life, considering law. 

5) Sister who accompanied her friend who stutters. 

6) People sitting at the bar in NYC. We walked over to them, told them we were from the NSA. They were very accepting, and asked us questions about stuttering, and we had a discussion. 

7) Noura to support her friend Monday went to Toastmasters in Flushing, Queens. Met the club officers who welcomed us into the club. Met Noura’s friend who gave his first speech. He was very nervous, but gave a great speech. Table Topics Master seemed very nervous but a nice guy. 

8) Tuesday Group
We prank called someone so I can work on my speech. I blocked for a long time on the phone. The person was very respective and waited to listen. 

9) Opus Dei - Noura’s friend explained us Christmas, invited us into their home, eat food, spiked egg nok, sing christmas carols. 

10) Sweet lady on the plane from New York to Chicago 
School teacher 30 years. 

11) Girl in Chicago who works with the Boys & Girls club. Incredible work. 

12) airbnb.com, last minute booking. The day before. Opened her home to me, a stranger. Great place. 

13) Ajay, allow me into his home. Go allow me in his home. Abhinauv allow me in his home. Nikhil allow me into his home. 

14) Linus allowed me to stay at his place. And coordinated with me very well. 

Comments

Popular Posts