Jan 14 Learnings

I finally went to the gym today after a few months. It felt great and kept my fueled throughout my day.
I spoke to Noura, and we had a great conversation and felt like we reconnected after a long time.

I spent an hour working on my speech, reading Apna Haat Jagarnath. This was something I did after a few months, and it took a lot of proactive energy. I resolve to work on it daily.

I wrote an email to my Toastmasters club with suggestions for your improvement. It felt nice to finally get that email out, and I received a great response from the clubs' officers.

I had a phone call with a dean at Columbia university. This was eye-opening call. He asked me what I wanted to do, and what kind of experience I had in that field. I felt it was difficult for me to answer that question as the only real experience I've had are in the F&B & IT industries. He called it a 'romanticized' view of life, and real world experience always helps ground you. I began to wonder what specific work I would enjoy doing. And I realize that I will never know, until I start to do that work. Hence, I plan to start volunteering at some NGO's soon.

Also, I thought a lot more about stuttering. How much of a profound impact it's had on my life. I know that whatever happens, I will always be passionate about people who stutter. I will be committed everyday.

I do miss China though. I didn't think I would say it, but it was a wonderful learning opportunity for me. And I look forward to going back soon.  

Comments

Popular Posts